Monday, August 14, 2006

Day 6 Aug 4 San Francisco






Checked out of Garberville and joined up with the very famous Hwy 1. Unbelievable. Start of Hwy at Legget, where this bike was layed down by a previous owner, was crazy all the way to Fort Bragg. The road curves through the mountains for 30 miles or so opening up to the Pacific Ocean! C=9,R=7,T=1,V=8. No traffic either as it is too difficult for most vehicles. Top Ten in my travels.
I continued on from Casper to San Fran (Frisco if you are American). Great ride with curves and view. C=7, R=7,T=3,V=9. Miles of ups and downs, twists, ocean, mountain, valley. Not to be missed either on a Motorbike or a car. I will point out that you definitely want to miss the last 25 miles from Stinson Beach to the City as it is potholed and jammed with traffic as the speeds don't get higher then 25 miles/h. Quick point for all of us metric lovers 1 mile = 1.6 km, but as I am in the states I will speak in miles.
Checked in to the Westin St. Francis which is on Union Square. I normally would not stay there, but Tom cut me a good deal and it was worth it! Just to give you an idea, to park a car in the hotel parking lot for 24 hours costs $45!!! Can't imagine what non-guests pay.

No comments: