Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Day 5 August 3 Garberville







I bought some jumper cables in case my battery dies again. Stopped to put water in our tires, no really! Not only did we have to pay for the air at the Gas station in Coos Bay (Chevron), but one of us accidentally tired to put water in their tire instead of air. I’m not naming names, but it wasn’t me. Crescent city to Klamath C-8, R-6, T-3, V-6. This was right by the tree you drive through, which had to be done, but wasn’t that good. I wish we had more time to spend in the Redwood forests.

Stayed in Garberville for the night which was hosting one of the biggest Reggae festivals in the USA, so there were potheads around. Most of the people camped at the concert, so the town was pretty quiet as it was the first night. Found out at the bar that Humbolt county is the pot capital of the USA. Wow…

No comments: